Keeping your building looking professional and clean between your regularly scheduled cleaning services can be a challenge. Little things arise daily that can affect the first impression you make on customers and visitors. Things like mud tracked into your lobby from a rainy day or a burned out light bulb in the hallway make your company look unprepared to handle the tasks that need to be taken care of and could give the impression that you handle your business in the same sloppy manner.
You need to maintain a high level of appearance in your building. That is why a day porter can be an invaluable help to the busy facility manager or business owner. These valued team members perform routine cleaning tasks, but they also help support the image of your facility and ensure that customers, employees and tenants are satisfied.
What Does a Day Porter Do?
A day porter is responsible for making sure your building looks professional, clean, presentable and inviting at all times, but especially between routine cleaning and maintenance activities. A day porter will operate discreetly to ensure everything is taken care of to your standards and will not interfere with your company's daily activities.
Here are some of the duties a day porter would perform, depending on your needs:
- Keep lobbies clean
- Keep bathrooms clean
- Restock bathroom supplies as necessary
- Perform minor maintenance, such as replacing burned out light bulbs
- Clean common areas like kitchens, cafeterias and patios
- Clean and prepare conference rooms before VIP visitors and after meetings
- Clean high touch-point areas to reduce the spread of illness by eliminating bacteria and germs
- Respond to spills and other cleaning emergencies
- Remove or warn of safety hazards, such as wet floors
- Remove trash and debris from entrances and parking lots
- Meeting setup/tear down
At OctoClean, we know that the increasingly busy business environment of today, you need reliable Day Porter Services to help keep the physical aspect of your company running smoothly. Be sure your facility is kept spotless throughout the day with an OctoClean Day Porter. Avoid running out of toilet paper or having to clean up spills. Your day porter provides you with daily maintenance as needed.